First things first – your privacy is important to us. We know that's what all these kinds of notices say, but we really mean it. You've placed your trust in us by using Xenastours.co.za, and we value that trust. That means we're committed to protecting and safeguarding any personal data you give us. We act in our customers' interest and are transparent about the processing of your personal data. Details .
This document describes how we use and process your personal data, hopefully provided in a readable and transparent manner so you can understand where we're coming from without dying of boredom. As an added bonus, it also tells you how to contact us if you have questions about your personal data, which we're more than happy to answer.
What kind of personal information does Xenastours.co.za collect?
We can't help you book the fastest reservations without information, so when you use our services there are certain pieces of information we ask for. This is pretty basic stuff – your name, preferred contact details, the name of the person booking on your behalf, and your cost centre information. You can decide to submit special requests for your upcoming trip (e.g. baby seat). In addition to this, we also collect information from your computer, phone tablet or other device you're using to access our services. This can include the IP address, the browser you're using, and your language settings. There are also situations when we receive information about you from others or automatically collect other information (e.g. cookies). This is a basic overview of the information we collect, but if you'd like to know more specifics, we go into a lot more detail below .
Why does Xenastours.co.za collect and use your personal data?
The main reason we ask you for personal details is a very good one – it's to help administer your online bookings and ensure you get the best service possible. We also use your personal data to contact you and inform you about our pricing, latest deals and special offers that we think would interest you. There are other uses, too – if you'd like to find out what they are, keep reading for a more detailed explanation.
How does Xenastours.co.za use the information collected?
Your form responses are owned and managed by Xena's Tours Transfers and Couriers, and treats that information as private, We use your form responses in the following ways:
A. To provide services (including to make, administer, and manage reservations or handle payments);
B.To keep a record for future manual bookings unless requested to dispose of your information;
C. For analytical and product improvement purposes;
D. To help our staff get in contact with you for better customer support services;
E. To detect, prevent, and investigate fraudulent, other illegal activities and data breaches;
F. To provide personalized offers or send you marketing with your consent or as otherwise permitted by applicable law;
G. To ensure compliance with applicable laws.
Unless indicated otherwise, for purposes A to F , Xenastours.co.za relies on its legitimate interest to share and receive personal data.
For purpose G , Xenastours.co.za relies, where applicable, on compliance with legal obligations (e.g. lawful law enforcement requests).
Providing form responses is voluntary.
Remember, you can always choose not to provide an answer to any given form question (especially those requesting your personal information or data). However, this will prevent you from completing a form since we have marked those questions as required answers.
What security and retention procedures does Xena's Tours put in place to safeguard your personal data?
We observe reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorized access to, and the misuse of, personal data. We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect and safeguard the personal data you give us. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the personal data on our servers. Only authorized personnel are permitted to access personal data in the course of their work.
How can you control the personal data you've given to Xena's Tours Transfers and Couriers?
You always have the right to review the personal information we keep about you. You can request an overview of your personal data by emailing us at the email address below. If you want to find out more about your rights to control your personal data, read more here. Read more
How does Xenastours.co.za share your data with third parties?
There are different parties integrated into the Xenastours.co.za services in various ways for various reasons. The main purpose is to share your data relevant for your booking with our staff to complete your Reservation. There are also other parties that can receive some of your data, which are parties we involve to provide you with the Xena's Tours Transfers and Couriers services. These include financial institutions, partners, subsidiaries of Xena's Tours Company, authorized employees, service providers and other affiliates of Xena's Tours Transfers and Couriers, or in some cases if we are required by applicable law, governmental or other authorities. We do NOT sell or rent your personal information under any circumstance. We do NOT make available your form responses to any other third parties unless implicitly required by you and never without your consent. Below we'll go into more detail about how the information you share with us is used and exchanged with these parties. Read more
Advertising and Marketing
As mentioned in purpose F in how we use your information, we do NOT use any affiliate marketing systems, marketing software on our website or in our offices. We do NOT use Google Analytics, Google Ads, any PPC or advertising company on Xenastours.co.za.
If you have any questions, please contact Xena's Tours directly at
Detailed Information on data processing
The basis of effective data protection is comprehensive information about the collection, processing and use of your data (“data processing”). Therefore we would like to inform you,
- When or for which actions we process data,
- Which data we process for which reasons,
- Who receives data,
- Which rights you have because of the data processing through us.
This data protection declaration only regulates the use of personal data on our website www.xenastours.co.za including its subpages. If you leave our website via a link or visit our website on a social media platform, you also leave the scope of this data protection declaration.
The transmission of information to or from this website is secured with a Signature Hash Algorithm issued by COMODO RSA Certification Authority .
You can download this data protection declaration permanently and at any time at the address http://www.xenastours.co.za/privacy ,
1. Scope of the processing of personal data
The provision of the website requires the processing of various information. In addition, the scope of data processing depends on your use of the functionalities of the website, for example if you communicate with us via the booking form then you consent to the processing of that data.
You are not obliged to provide us with personal data. However, if the provision of this data is technically mandatory when you access our site or make a booking, refusal will result in your being unable use our online booking services.
As a visitor to our websites, you are not subject to any automated decision-making within the meaning of Art. 22 GDPR.
2. Cookie Statement
However please note that if you do this you may not be able to use the full functionality of this website.
The use of technically conditioned cookies and the associated data processing takes place due to our legitimate interest in a technically flawless and comfortable use of our website. Technically conditioned cookies are usually deleted automatically when you close your browser (session cookies), in other cases only after some time (persistent cookies). The duration of storage of persistent cookies is determined by the provider and can be viewed by you in your browser, for example.
3. Contact forms
At various points on our website you will find a contact form via which you can send us an enquiry or, for example, request a quotation for one of our services. For general inquiries, the following information is requested: recipient at Xena's Tours, name, e-mail address, and your message. They do not function since the primary purpose of our site is for booking services. When you request a quotation for our services, you must use the booking form . The information is marked as mandatory fields. All other data that you transmit to us within the scope of the inquiry, also via the free text field, are voluntary.
4. Google Maps
On our website we use the map service Google Maps (API) from Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google”) to show our location.
When you enter the page on which the Google Maps map is integrated, our website sends various information including your IP address to Google in the USA, where it is stored on its servers. If you have a Google account and are logged in at the time you visit our site, the information will be associated directly with your account. But even without a user account, Google will create a user profile about you. This is regardless of whether Google provides a user account that you are logged in with or whether no user account exists.
Our transmission of the data to Google is based on our legitimate interest in offering you the map function of Google Maps on our website.
More information about Google and the use of Google Maps can be found here:
5. Google Fonts
We use so-called web fonts from Google to display fonts. When you call up a page, your browser loads the required web fonts into your browser to display texts and fonts correctly. To do this, your browser connects to Google, which tells Google that our websites have been accessed via your IP address. The use of Google Fonts is based on the legal basis of our legitimate interest in a consistent and appealing presentation of our websites. If your browser does not support Google Fonts or Web Fonts, your device uses a default font.
6. Social-Media Plugins
If you like contributions from our website, you can share them directly via buttons in various social media networks and microblogging services. For this purpose, appropriate social media plug-ins are integrated on our website.
If you enter a subpage on which the social media plug-ins are embedded, your browser establishes a direct connection to the servers of the respective operators. When the connection is established, various information including your IP address is sent to the operators and stored by them. Since most of the operators are based in the USA, the data is also stored there. This tells the operators that your browser has called up the relevant subpage of our website. This also applies if you do not have a user account with the social media network or microblogging service or are not logged in at the time you visit our website.
If you are simultaneously logged in to your account there, the operator assigns your visit to our website and any further interaction with the plugin (activation of the respective consent buttons, comments) directly to your account and saves this information. These actions may also be visible to other users of the network. You can prevent this data processing by not pressing the buttons. You can also log out of your social media network before visiting our site. You can also use add-ons such as the “NoScript” script blocker ( http://noscript.net ) for your browser to generally prevent social media plug-ins from being executed.
Our website uses the following social media plugins:
Our website contains a social plugin of the social media network Facebook. The corresponding button can be recognized by the Facebook logo.
Our website contains a social plugin of the social media network Google+ by Google. The corresponding button can be recognized by the “G+” logo.
Our website contains a social plugin of the microblogging service Twitter of Twitter Inc, 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA (“Twitter”). The corresponding button can be recognized by the Twitter bird.
Our website contains a social plugin of the social media network LinkedIn of LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA, (“LinkedIn”) represented in Europe by LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company Wilton Place, Dublin 2, Ireland. The corresponding button can be recognized by the “in” logo.
We would like to point out that messages via e-mail in unencrypted/encrypted form are not an absolutely secure means of communication against access by third parties and in particular also become accessible to the e-mail provider. During communication with us, it is your sole responsibility to ensure your device and emails are secure, we are not responsible for any damage as a result of this or any privacy violation as is expected by the usage of your device.
Information we collect directly from you.
- Form responses. JotForm Inc. collects and stores the form responses that you submit. Xena's Tours Transfers and Couriers is responsible for this data and manages it. A form may ask you to provide personal information or data. If you have any questions about a form you are taking, please contact Xena's Tours Transfers and Couriers directly at email@example.com as JotForm Inc. is not responsible for the content of that form.
Are your form responses anonymous?
Xena's Tours Transfers and Couriers has chosen in accordance with Jotform Inc. instructions NOT to track IP address or collect cookie information of users filling out our forms by performing no check ensuring you stay anonymous and secure at all times and are able to make multiple bookings from one device. However, even though Xena's Tours Transfers and Couriers has followed those steps, specific questions in the form may still ask you for your personal information or data that could be used to identify you (e.g., your name, email address, mobile number, etc.).
Information we collect about you from other sources.
- Usage data. JotForm Inc. collects usage data about you whenever you interact with our services. This may include which web pages you visit, what you click on, when you performed those actions, and so on. Additionally, as with most websites today, JotForm Inc. web servers keep log files that record data each time a device accesses those servers. The log files contain data about the nature of each access, including originating IP addresses, internet service providers, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system versions, and timestamps. Note that JotForm Inc. does not link this usage data to your form responses.
- Device data. JotForm Inc. collects data from the device and application you use to access our services, such as your IP address, operating system version, device type, system and performance information, and browser type. JotForm Inc. may also infer your geographic location based on your IP address. Your IP address won't be linked to your form responses since Xena's Tours Transfers and Couriers has disabled IP address collection for the form you respond to by performing no check .
- Referral data. JotForm Inc. records information about the source that referred you to a form (e.g. a link on a website or in an email).
- Information from page tags. JotForm Inc. uses third party tracking services that employ cookies and page tags (also known as web beacons ) to collect aggregated and anonymized data about visitors to our websites. This data includes usage and user statistics.
- Your email address. If a form creator uses an email field to send you a form invitation email, JotForm Inc. collects your email address when the form creator provides it to us. JotForm Inc. does not use this to send you email except at the direction of Xena's Tours Transfers and Couriers. The emails JotForm Inc. sends on behalf of Xena's Tours Transfers and Couriers appear to come from that Xena's Tours Transfers and Couriers's email address. If you no longer want to be contacted by Xena's Tours Transfers and Couriers, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
With whom does Xena's Tours Transfers and Couriers share or disclose your information?
Security of Data
As a client of Xena's Tours Transfers and Couriers your data submitted to JotForm Inc. on our form as the sole form creator, your data is stored on JotForm Inc.'s servers safely and securely. More information about the security of your submissions can be found at https://www.jotform.com/security/
Xenastours.co.za uses Afrihost for web hosting, Afrihost provides servers to us for the purposes of our hosting needs. However ownership of physical hardware rests solely with Afrihost at all times. We may not make any claim to hardware deployed for our hosting, and may not have access to Afrihost property, hardware or hosting infrastructure (such as data centres) which is the same for all clients of Afrihost.
Xena's Tours Transfers and Couriers use Afrihost at our own risk.
Afrihost will exercise no control whatsoever over the content of the material hosted on, or the information passing through the Afrihost network and in no way moderates such content. We expressly agree that use of Afrihost's Server(s) and Services are at Xena's Tours Transfers and Couriers's sole risk
- Afrihost provides a spam and virus filtering system to protect Xena's Tours Transfers and Couriers from unsolicited mail and viruses. We acknowledge that this system might incorrectly identify a valid message as spam or as a virus and consequently this message might not be delivered to us. We also acknowledge and agree that Afrihost shall without limitation have no responsibility for, or liability in respect of any data lost as a result of this system.
- Afrihost reserves the right to examine incoming or outgoing mail to the extent necessary only to determine if it is classified as spam or malicious
Webmail and other web-based email services made available by Afrihost are provided on an "as is" basis without representations, warranties or conditions of any kind, and Xena's Tours Transfers and Couriers acknowledges and agrees that Afrihost shall have no responsibility for, or liability in respect of, any aspect of the webmail services, including without limitation for any lost or damaged data or any acts or omissions of Afrihost. As webmail storage space is limited, some webmail messages may not be processed due to space constraints or message limitations.
Limitation on Mail Size
Individual mail sent to Xena's Tours Transfers and Couriers POP3/IMAP box or forwarded to our existing email address may be limited to 3000kB in size each.
Retention of Rights
Afrihost makes no claim to the intellectual property (such as data) of Clients hosted on their servers. However, all equipment remains the property of Afrihost and retention of data does not directly or indirectly give ownership of Afrihost hardware to Clients.
- Afrihost will be responsible for updates to Operating Systems and Shared Libraries on Shared Hosting Servers.
- Afrihost will only effect software updates to Operating Systems on Managed Dedicated Servers (including cloud servers). Afrihost will not effect other updates on Managed or UnManaged servers, as this is not part of the service offered.
- Xena's Tours Transfers and Couriers is responsible for updates to Operating Systems and Antivirus Software installed on our computers and mobile devices used in communication with xenastours.co.za domains and email addresses.
10. Data transfer to third countries
The personal data we collect from you through the Site will also be transferred to some extent to third countries outside the South African Economic Area. In the exceptional cases described above, when using Google tools, your IP address may be transmitted to Google LLC in full and only shortened there. When using the tools as in the context of the listed social media plugins, your IP address and other information is transmitted to the respective operators. Google, Facebook (Instagram), JotForm, LinkedIn and Twitter are all located in the USA and thus in a so-called “third country” according to Art. 44 GDPR. All of these companies are certified under the “EU-US Privacy Shield” data protection agreement, which guarantees compliance with a European level of data protection.
11. Control your personal data
We want you to be in control of how your personal data is used by us. You can do this in the following ways:
- You can ask us for a copy of the personal data we hold about you;
- You can inform us of any changes to your personal data, or you can ask us to correct any of the personal data we hold about you.
- In certain situations, you can ask us to erase, block, or restrict the processing of the personal data we hold about you, or object to particular ways in which we are using your personal data; and
- In certain situations, you can also ask us to send the personal data you've given us to a third party.
Where we use your personal data on the basis of your consent, you are entitled to withdraw that consent at any time subject to applicable law. We will delete your personal data as soon as the legal basis for their processing ceases to exist. In some cases, however, legal bases can also exist in parallel or, in the absence of a legal basis, can intervene in a new one, such as the obligation to store certain data in order to fulfil a legal obligation to store data. Moreover, where we process your personal data based on legitimate interest or the public interest, you have the right to object at any time to that use of your personal data subject to applicable law.
We rely on you to ensure that your personal data is complete, accurate and current. Please inform us of any changes to or inaccuracies of to your personal data by contacting us immediately.
If you want to object to the processing of your personal data on the basis of legitimate interest, you can contact us at email@example.com
Last updated: 28 August 2019